My first 20-something hours of Paleo
After recently discovering Paleo I decided that is the way I would like to eat. I was sick of eating loads of crap, and food making me feel crappy, when it should be making me feel good! So here we are.
Where possible I will upload photos and recipes of the food that I have eaten. Warning: this post will just be me listing what I have eaten so far.
Last night for dinner I had coconut chicken, broccoli and carrot, with garlicy mushrooms and spinach. Here’s how I did it:
- Cut chicken breast, thigh, whatever into little bits (or keep it as a big piece if that’s what you want).
- Coat in egg, then cover in almond meal (aka almond flour)
- Cook in a pan with butter or coconut oil or lard or something similar
- Prepare your veggies (I chose broccoli and carrot but you can have whatever you want) how you like them (I cooked mine in a pan)
- Add some butter/coconut oil/lard/etc to a smaller pan/pot and cook up some mushrooms, and add some minced garlic
- Right before all this is done, stir in some spinach into the garlicy-mushroomy-goodness
And there you have it!
For breakfast, I had a sausage, a bit of bacon, cooked tomato and an egg in a capsicum with salt, pepper and dried chilli which I cooked under the grill. I didn’t really like this, so I think I’ll need to find the best way to cook eggs since I’m not such a huge fan. Plus I had some watermelon and blueberries.
For lunch/a snack, I had some avocado, a bit of diced tomato and a tin of tuna with sesame seeds. I fricken love sesame seeds. I also love black rice, but I don’t think that’s really Paleo so I’m pretty bummed. I’ll eat little tiny bits of it over a long period I guess, cause I don’t want to throw it out.
So there’s an idea of what it’s like to eat following a Paleo diet. I’m very excited and inspired by it, and I cannot wait to get more healthy. I actually look forward to eating food now.
Until next time